Research on extracting biofuels from algae, extracting biofuels from algae is one of the processes through which biofuels are produced, because of the great importance of biofuels in human life, and the process of extracting biofuels from algae requires some steps, which We present to you in this article.
Introduction to extracting biofuels from algae
Extracting biofuels from algae is a new method that has been adopted to produce fuel, in order to increase production, as this fuel is an environmentally friendly fuel, which does not cause any harm to the environment, and this fuel is used in many fields instead of relying on petroleum as a high fuel The price some countries are unable to meet their needs.
See also: Research on types of music and their benefits
Visitors also saw:
- Research on electromagnetic energy and its use
- Complete research on electricity, its benefits and harms
- Search for energy sources
What is biofuels and its types?
- Biofuels can be defined as a clean fuel that is mainly produced through the conversion of biomass, which is represented by animal fats or agricultural crops into organic diesel, as well as alcoholic ethanol.
- Where it is used in lighting and generators management, in addition to the functioning of various vehicles, and it is worth noting that there are many countries that have already relied on biofuels, including Germany, Brazil, Canada, India and others.
Types of biofuels
Among the most important types of biofuels are: _
The reason for producing biofuels
There are many reasons that made the production of biofuels an important necessity in human life, including:
- Biofuels are one of the alternative energy sources, which are recognized as a safe bridge for energy sources, in the face of non-renewable energy sources.
- Which occurs through a lot of fluctuations in its prices, which are constantly rising, in addition to being used as fuel, especially in the post-oil period.
See also: Research on How to Deal with Life’s Stress and Mental Disturbances
The rise of the agricultural sector
- Biofuels are one of the sources that help bring about a revolution in the agricultural field and the development of rural society.
- As the reliance on the production of biofuels increases production and provides job opportunities.
Facing environmental problems and climate change
- Biofuels are renewable energy sources that do not cause any environmental damage, thus reducing the negative emissions cycle.
- It is also considered to be of lower cost than other renewable energies such as solar energy and has great efficiency.
The pros and cons of biofuels
Although biofuels are of high value to many countries, they have many advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of biofuels
- Biofuels are affordable and easy to produce anytime, anywhere.
- The primary resources for biofuels are available, as they are not restricted by natural factors, as well as geographical factors.
- The possibility of extracting biofuels from animal and agricultural waste, but attention must be paid not to expand its production in an ill-considered manner, so as not to cause economic problems.
- Biofuels protect the poor, as well as those who do not have food, without this having any impact on global food prices.
- It works to ensure environmental sustainability.
- It can also be used in agricultural and rural development.
The downsides of biofuels
- In addition to food security, the increased production of biofuels can have many harmful impacts on the environment.
- The mass production of biofuels can lead to a significant increase in prices, which makes some people believe that their production affects the poor.
- Therefore, a large number of experts stress the need to exploit agricultural waste in the production of fuel, instead of relying on the crops themselves in order not to cause harm to crops and resources.
What are the sources from which biofuels are produced?
It was stated during research on extracting biofuels from algae that there are many sources that are mainly relied upon to produce biofuels, including:
- Algae is one of the most important sources that can be relied upon in the production of this type of fuel, as the spleen grows in fresh water, so it does not require competition for land like agricultural crops.
- There are common forms of algae, which are seaweed and pond butter, as they are not real plants, but what distinguishes them is their ability to carry out photosynthesis.
- Where algae have the ability to store up to 50% of their body weight in fats, which means they can convert them into gas in order to produce ethanol.
It is one of the sources from which biofuels are produced, as it is more sustainable than petroleum itself, but it is an expensive process and requires more time and effort.
Sugar cane is one of the primary sources for the biofuel industry, as it is the second source.
Animal fats can be used to convert the residual fat into oil and then used as vehicle fuel, but it is difficult to assemble.
How to extract biofuels from algae
Since algae is one of the important sources for the production of biofuels, and it has many advantages, so we show the correct way to extract biofuels from algae and the advantages of extracting fuel from algae.
The special features of algae
- Algae is the ideal solution to many nutritional problems, both for humans and animals.
- The interest in algae works on the presence of carbon sinks, through their ability to absorb many quantities of carbon dioxide, in order to use it in their photosynthesis.
- It can also direct us to an elite world that produces ethanol, where algae can be said to be a safe gateway to solving food crises.
- Algae is characterized by its ability to convert carbon compounds, which are made up of human excrement, in addition to the flour of dates, as well as add carbon dioxide to an oily compound.
- Which is chemically processed and converted to biodiesel, which is considered a clean energy source, which does not cause harm to the environment, which exploits carbon dioxide as an essential component, and uses it in the production of fuel.
Steps to extract biofuels from algae
- The amount of algae is placed in tanks that are allocated and prepared with the appropriate food such as carbon dioxide, as well as providing the appropriate temperature and sunlight.
- Then they are left in these ponds in order to propagate, and they also require that their number double from 6 to 24 depending on the species.
- Then it is collected by a porous plumber until it is squeezed.
- Then the algae are squeezed and oil is extracted from them.
- Then these oils are processed and converted into biodiesel.
Animal feed is also produced, which is rich in protein and is suitable for all animals. Carbon dioxide is produced from the combustion of diesel, but it has the advantage that it does not pollute the atmosphere, unlike fossil fuels.
Also, algae do not pull carbon dioxide by relying on the atmosphere only, as they produce biomass that is used in the production of other fuels.
Watch also: A Complete Research About the Importance of Sport in Our Lives
Conclusion on extracting biofuels from algae
It came during a research on extracting biofuels from algae, as the process of extracting biofuels from algae is a simple process that requires some steps, but at the same time it is an important source for fuel production, which reduces oil consumption, so developing countries must rely on algae. Instead of expensive petroleum.