How to visit the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum is what we present to you today, as the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum is one of the museums interested in aviation and related sciences, and it reviews the journey of continuous success for more than a hundred years, from seeing planes in the sky of the Arabian Peninsula through King Abdulaziz who own Aircraft and the establishment of the first air force in the year 1344 AH, and given the great importance of this museum, we will learn through today’s article on how to visit the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum, and some general information about this museum, follow us.
An introduction to how to visit Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum
- The Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum is located on the famous Eastern Ring Road, which belongs to the city of Riyadh in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, at the exits 10-11, and the best evidence that the plane that departs from it belongs to this museum is the exit of some aircraft registered with Saudi Airlines, which can be seen while crossing the road Ring.
- When visiting this museum from Egypt, planes traveling to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be boarded, and then disembark at Jeddah airport, and you will find there are some buses going to Riyadh.
- And then the buses that transfer to the Eastern Ring Road, and upon getting off there, you will find the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum clearly in front of you.
See also: What is the history and idea of establishing museums and who was the first museum in history?
Dates of visit to Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum
- In the morning period: it is available from 9 am to 12 noon, which is a time designated for (students, and official groups).
- On Wednesday morning, it is a special day for women.
- In the evening period: It is available from 4 pm to 9 pm.
- On Thursdays and Fridays it might be available until 11pm.
- The price of the entrance ticket to the museum was allocated according to the category, for school and university students (5) riyals were allocated, while for the rest of the groups of men and women, 10 riyals were allocated for them, and for people with special needs, entry was allocated to them free of charge at any time.
After we learned how to visit the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum, we will learn some general information about this museum.
Visitors also saw:
- Information about the mud-brick Masmak Palace in Saudi Arabia
- The most beautiful heritage window for the wax museum with pictures
- 10 information about the cheapest Egyptian airlines
General information about Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum
- The role of the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum is not just a display of the past, yet it combines a mixture of the ancient past by displaying historical equipment, historical artifacts and documents, and the present by displaying the great technical progress achieved by the aviation sectors in general.
- The museum was inaugurated on the seventh of Shawwal 1419 AH, under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Head of the National Guard (at that time). Since then, the museum has received official delegations, guests and official visitors.
See also: * Tourism in London, the most famous museums and places of interest in it
The purpose of establishing Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum
- Documenting and highlighting the efforts and achievements made to build, develop and modernize the Royal Saudi Air Force by governors, leaders and officials.
- And use this to educate the Air Force personnel in particular and the armed forces in general, in addition to citizens and visitors, and also to encourage young people to think about aviation and space science through exhibitions and educational and entertainment facilities.
Exhibitions and collections of Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum
- The Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum displays a large collection of aircraft, collectibles, photos and historical documents, and some films that talk about the history of the Royal Saudi Air Force, and some of its operations, and the museum also displays some private and light cabins.
A brief history of aircraft
King Abdulaziz’s Plane (Dakota DC3)
- In 1364 AH, King Abdulaziz went to Egypt to attend a meeting that included King Abdulaziz and King Farouk (the King of Egypt at that time), Franklin Roosevelt (the American President at that time), and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill (at that time).
- On the third of Rabi` al-Awwal 1364 AH, on February 15, 1945, King Abdulaziz met the American President Roosevelt, and that was the first time that King Abdulaziz met the President of the United States. The American President King Abdulaziz presented a gift that was an American-made plane. Representing an expression of friendship between the two countries.
Dakota DC3 plane
- The Dakota DC3 is one of the most important turning points in the world of aviation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, not because it is the first civilian aircraft but rather the first plane that transported the founder of this country, King Abdulaziz, may God have mercy on him.
- It also contributes to the well-being of the citizen, and is considered the turning point in the world of transportation in the Kingdom.
- And the service of this aircraft was terminated in 1977 after more than two decades of service, and after the idea of establishing the museum, the Dakota DC3 was one of the first acquisitions to be shown in the museum, and this is due to the historical legacy of this aircraft.
Department of Historical Pictures
- It is a set of historical stages that the Royal Saudi Air Force went through, as each stage includes pictures and documents related to it since the establishment of the Air Force.
- During the reign of King Abdul Aziz in 1344 AH to the present time, through the existing displays, in this section, and some holograms of aircraft and visits of military leaders.
Air Force Bases Division
- This section presents all the bases in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, starting with King Abdulaziz Air Base in Dhahran as the largest base, and this section also allows the visitor to identify each base through a glimpse of its history and some pictures of Al Qaeda, as well as pictures of leaders who succeeded in leading the base.
Westland WAPT Aircraft Division
- This section of the aircraft represents the way and the style of the camps in the old days, in addition to the role of aircraft in protecting the camps, and transporting mail and medicine to remote areas.
F-15 Aircraft Division
- This section contains an F-15 simulator and a display screen to give the visitor an idea of some of the tasks the plane is performing, in addition to that, the F-15 museum is placed at the main entrance gate for visitors, so that they can see the plane up close.
- This section includes a Typhoon simulator, in addition to a screen that displays information and specifications of Typhoon aircraft, as well as photos, brochures, posters of visitors, and information about the Typhoon aircraft displayed by the touch screen inside the locker.
- This section introduces the visitor to the tasks of the aircraft that he performs, such as logistical support, and this section also includes a set of photos and historical documents and some display screens for some of its operations, such as refueling, parachuting and transporting soldiers.
King Faisal Air Academy (KFAA)
- It is a section that displays the history of the academy and the leaders who succeeded in leading it, and this section contains a display screen, where the visitor gets acquainted with the stages of study and the activities carried out by the academy, and also there is a military uniform for graduates and the LBC 9 unit that is currently used in training students.
Department of Technical Studies Institute
- This section talks about the history of the Institute of Technical Studies in Aviation through a historical film that shows the beginnings of the Institute and the stages of study, as well as pictures of the presidents who succeeded the leadership of the Institute, some artistic groups and military uniforms.
- It is a section dedicated to astronauts, Prince Sultan bin Salman, as the first Muslim astronaut, and contains a set of his holdings, as the section also contains a display screen.
- And some of the clothes that he used during his space flight, and the astronaut Prince presented these belongings from him as a gift to the museum after his visit.
Department of military uniform
- And the last thing we conclude with is about the article about how to visit the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum, this section, where it talks about the history of military uniforms by collecting and classifying those decorations, and they are classified according to their names, types and the period of time in which they were used.
See also: the best places in Cairo, the best hotels and tourist museums
Conclusion on how to visit Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum
Throughout the past lines, we presented to you an article on how to visit the Saqr Al-Jazirah Aviation Museum with some general information about this museum, so if you are looking for a suitable article for this topic, do not search much, as we have provided you with everything you would like to know about this place.